Thursday, August 25, 2011

Yodeling Pickles and Cat Visitations

Yesterday we started our day with a walk on the bike trail. We decided to deviate from our usual path and walked through the neighborhood, where we stumbled onto a great, flat bike trail along a wilderness preserve. Despite walking early, it was humid out, which kind of knocked me out for the rest of the day.

For lunch we met Joanne and Hugh Martin and Jill at the Cheesecake Factory. I ordered my first sandwich and was happy to actually be able to swallow and taste the bread. Mom and I wandered around Von Maur and Westroads before making our usual trek to the grocery store.

I actually tried to take a nap, but the steroids coursing through my veins would not fully allow this. I was finally able to concentrate on the daily Spanish lesson, and then Mom and I watched a TV show on animal hoarding and I accidentally ordered a pair of shoes on Zappos.

Today was much nicer (most of you don't know this because you are at work). It felt cool this morning on our hour walk around the lake. I didn't try running today, but I think I'll do a few 30 second "gos" on the walk tomorrow. Our doctor appointment was later today, so I got my Spanish done before lunch.

While it seemed like it took awhile this afternoon (it was a full house), the results of the doctor visit were awesome. My test results were very good, and my doctor lowered a couple of my medications (including the steroids). Then I fired out some questions to Dr. Maness... I ended up getting my PICC line taken out of my arm, since they haven't used it for a couple of weeks. I will no longer have to envelope myself in plastic prior to showering. I can now actually lift weights. I also asked if I could spend the night at home next Friday night, since both Mom and Brian have Husker tickets. My birthday is next Thursday, and all I wanted was to go home for a few hours to see my cats: wish granted. Now I can go out to the cross country meet on Saturday and then Jess and Brad Rettig have offered to "babysit" me during the game (and now they won't have to drive to Omaha). I have not been home since July 17th. Let me tell you, I am excited to go back.

To round out the day of excitement, when we returned to the apartment, I had a package waiting for me. Shelly Dowding sent two awesome board games: Smart Ass and The Crazy Cat Lady Game. I haven't even opened them yet and they have made me laugh hysterically. I know what Mom and I will be doing tonight. Shelly also sent me a yodeling pickle...because, quite frankly, everyone should own a yodeling pickle.

So, since I'm coming back on Friday, maybe Brian would like to go to cross country practice and my school buds would like to take me to Granite City for a little Friday F.A.C.? I think you'll all need it by next week. I would love to see as many people as possible before I get sent up to Omaha again.

Buenos tardes.

1 comment:

  1. I think FAC next Friday sounds like a spectacular plan!

    ReplyDelete