Today Brian and I escaped the apartment and headed to Village Pointe. It was a beautiful day, and everyone else in Omaha also had the same idea. The traffic in the parking lot was reminiscent of Christmas time. Brian, despite having a swollen foot from a running injury, wanted to look at Scheels for new school shoes. We managed to leave both Scheels and the Apple store without spending any money. Since we weren't going to get out of the mall lot anytime soon, we drove up to the 180th Street exit. This was a good idea until Brian tried to make it to Maple. Instead, we wound up on an old brick highway that circled us back around to 156th.
I spent the afternoon watching Locked Up Abroad--I could commiserate with the prisoners.
The UPS man brought me two inspirational posters, along with a very nice note. However, the mystery senders did not put their names on the card. Please come clean if you sent me this gift.
It seems strange not to get ready for the first week of school...
No comments:
Post a Comment