We moved into the apartment yesterday, and it was apparent that the complex didn’t do any additional cleaning beyond what the tenants did to get their deposit back. Brian got to do some serious disinfecting last night.
I have the worst dry-mouth ever—I have to keep pouring liquids into it or my mouth will cement shut (I know some of you would like that). I am also having some Graft Versus Host Disease symptoms that are somewhat debilitating: itchy skin (I feel like a meth addict picking at the bugs), numb legs and arms, and my hands won’t stop shaking (it is extremely difficult to text). According to my "favorite source," Wikipedia, Graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) is a common complication of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in which functional immune cells in the transplanted marrow recognize the recipient as "foreign" and mount an immunologic attack.
After my doctor appointment today, I spent my time sleeping and watching TV. And scratching. And trying not to scratch.
The funny moment that happened today was at the pharmacy. As her family was leaving, this six-year-old African-American girl belts out her own song about a “garbage can.” She made us laugh, and she could have made it on American Idol.
No comments:
Post a Comment