Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Am I a Zombie?

The last few days, Mom and I have been spending some quality time at UNMC for various blood tests, fluids, and wound checks. The hospital has been freezing, so I've spent my time searching out who has the warmest blankets. My hands have stopped shaking for the most part, but unfortunately the doctor is going to start the drug that causes the shaking again. I suppose it's an important one, since it helps protect me from Graft vs Host Disease symptoms. My taste buds are non-existent and my mouth is so dry that it sometimes glues itself together.

Because of extra unscheduled appointments, I had to postpone Melissa and Becky's visit, but I did get to see Ann and Ray Ringlein yesterday. John Krajewski, Jill and Derek, Mom and Dad, and Brian have also been here (Mom and Brian are taking turns being my "caregiver").

I have spent most of my free time here sleeping. I hope that eventually I get more energy, so I can do something productive with my time.

I am jealous of all my teacher friends going back to work.

Tonight Toonces was supposed to come with Brian and Dad, but he had a rough day after the roofers were ripping down shingles and creating a loud ruckus. Toonces hid under the bed and marked his territory. While Brian was trying to get Toonces in the cage to come to Omaha, Duke climbed in. Duke is currently in the apartment, but he's out cold after a long hard day.

No comments:

Post a Comment