
After feeling like a pusher getting my mom hooked on Angry Birds, she needed me to beat a level that she was stuck on. Instead of being grateful for me passing the level (after many unsuccessful attempts), she proceeded to taunt me mercilessly, repeating over and over, "You'll never beat it. You can't do it." What support I tell you...and then I used this negativity to beat the level.
It was an eventful day. We watched the Lincoln Mile this morning, and then Brian and I headed to Gretna to eat lunch with family (they were moving Grandpa and Nettie). On the way home, we got caught in the interstate traffic jam. It's really sad that someone felt that life was hopeless and felt compelled to kill himself ON the interstate, backing up traffic in the process. I don't function well in lines (unless I'm first), so after some goading, I finally convinced Brian to drive through the median in my Rogue. He held off until I told him to get out of the driver's seat, and that I was going to do it. We took the scenic route home to avoid the congestion.
Tonight I had an excellent dinner with Liz and Mattie. I played a game of Sorry, kicked a soccer ball barefoot, and tried to catch a firefly...I miss the simplicity of an 8-year-old perspective at times.
Off to UNMC tomorrow (just for the day) for a bone marrow biopsy (I will accept any drugs this time--no cold turkey for me...I don't have to drive home) and some other appointments.
No comments:
Post a Comment