Yesterday, I was harassing the nurses at the nursing station, and I turned abruptly to head back to my room. I'm not sure if I forgot I was attached to my IV pole, but I managed to trip over the base and nearly missed face-planting on it. Somehow I caught the pole with my toes, keeping us inches from landing on the ground. The only casualty was the top of my foot, which will probably be black and blue for a few months, since nothing seems to heal. I have appropriately named my IV pole "Jeffrey Dalmer" because he tried to eat me.
Time is going pretty fast in here this time. I did spend most of the day "reading" (which is code for "sleeping"). Mom and Dad are catering in dinner, so I don't have to eat prison food.
Visitors' Log for This Internment So Far:
Dad
Mom
Brian
Betty and Wayne Miller
Bess Scott
Shelly Dowding
Roxi Sattler
Brenda Wiemer
Kim Wright
Michelle Fonck
Julie Harder
John Krawjewski
Nancy Johnson
Di White
Nishja Nuss
Jill and Derek Brandt
If you're feeling guilty that you haven't made the list, come tomorrow! I don't know what time I'll get out of here on Monday...
Despite the title of this blog entry, my internment hasn't been that bad. I can actually focus long enough to read, and I have had interesting visitors. I just liked that show on The Travel Channel.
No comments:
Post a Comment