Sunday, July 15, 2012
What we do for Internet
I am currently sitting on the floor in the middle of the lobby because it is the only place I can get free wifi. We are now in Galway City. It was another day of curvy roads, but the scenery was amazing. We ate breakfast at the hotel, hiked to our lovely Kia, and headed to Killarney National Park. We stopped a couple of times for photo ops, and the park was really beautiful. It was raining, so we found an awesome parking spot and then hiked out to a waterfall. A lot of people took the horse drawn carriages. I'm not a big fan of horses because I don't like their smell.
We got back on the road to head to Galway. Sylvia (our GPS) kept shutting off and rebooting herself. She got cursed out a little. We stopped in some tiny town, where there was parking, for lunch. Of course, we ate at a pub and "chips" were ordered.
We are currently at the Eyre Square Hotel. It is acceptable. I raised our standards too high after starting us at The Clarence. We walked around the Square and the Medieval Quarter, planning our shopping attack for tomorrow. It is Sunday, and the shops closed early.
As expected, we are wasting a lot of money on Cokes. We filled up our economy car (about three quarters empty) for over €60. Luckily, our car is economical and tiny to navigate through tiny streets and narrow roads. We can't understand how people can actually drive the speed limits here without pulling a Toonces and driving off the cliffs.
Tomorrow we continue north to Sligo, and then on to Northern Ireland.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment