If you didn't hear it on the news, I busted out of the joint. Although, I'm only out on bail. The test results weren't conclusive enough yet, so it didn't make sense for me to serve my time if the chemo wasn't coming today. I have fully enjoyed the fresh air, packing my own stuff, and, most of all, hugging my four-legged friends. Toonces turned into a lap cat.
Those of you that witnessed my messy jail cell understand that packing up was quite the task. I fully regret staying up until 2am to put the magnetic poetry on the white board, only to chip it all off. Brian claimed that taking down magnetic poetry was "woman's work," and then he clarified and said he needed fingernails. He avoided a prison fight.
My morning was certainly entertaining:
Wendy and Janet brought in a bright orange angel food cake with a file baked in the center. I also got assorted snacks and a package of gummy pandas (I just get to eat pandas instead of hold them).
John brought in a rather large file and a Juice Stop.
Amy brought me a Te Cup cupcake.
Sue brought in Amigos for lunch.
Carol is on her way with cinnamon rolls.
Might as well enjoy the food now, because the "Swiss Steak" is nothing to laugh at. Who knows what the chemo will do for the taste buds. Last time I just hated water...
Tomorrow I'm buzzing down the hair, so it might stay in longer (or at least will be less difficult to shave off), and then I'm meeting my long term sub, Laura, to go over the plans for the quarter. I'm hoping to be on work release through a sushi lunch.
Visitors' Log:
Mom and Dad
Brian
Amy McCracken
Wendy Henrichs and Janet Zillig
John "Shiv" Krajewski
Sue "East High Warden" Cassata
Julie Bantam
(Paxton gets cred for coming after I posted bail)
Kim Wright and Carl
Carol Packard
Heading to the parents' for salmon. That's something you definitely don't order in a hospital (unless you like cat food).
No comments:
Post a Comment