Friday, March 25, 2011

Incarceration is Fun

Today was a pleasant day in jail, and it’s all about the fact that I have lots of amazing friends and family. We had parties with homemade cookies and cake (with a file baked in). I’ve obtained a set of handcuffs (new) from some former students, along with a cut out book that contains our escape plan to Cuba, I received many great gifts today…lots of beautiful flowers, a “Jall Sucks” blanket, balloons, candy disguised as a wine bottle, bubble bath, an angel sculpture, a bobble-head dog (to go with the creepy crap collection), an East autographed baseball and soccer ball. This is the first time I’ve had a lull in visitors all day.

I had to endure a lumbar puncture today for a different chemo treatment—that went well, and I made friends with the nurses in radiology. I came up from the procedure to Grateful Bread soup from Laurie…she also brought her guitar and serenaded us with a lovely song about life being a rollercoaster…

Visitors' Log: (And there will be more today...)
Susan Ptacek
Bridget Green (who has now saved my life twice)
Mom and Dad
Brian
Bill Dimon
Gabi and Taileigh
Marilyn and Chelsea Meyer
Sue Cassata
Karen Eihusen
Laura Fraser
Laura Graulty
Jeff Hoham and the four Soccer Boys
Sally Hunt
Scott Gealy
Shelly Dowding
Mike Sterns
Michelle Paxton
Kevin, Anne, Kylie, and Katie Hubbell
Julie Harder
Sarah Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment