I posted on Facebook last week that, for some reason, I am now receiving Good Housekeeping magazine. If you know me at all, I am a terrible cleaner. I don't like germs, dirt, or cat hair, so, luckily, I live with a "good housekeeper." We got out of school early today for a huge speech and debate tournament at East, so Brian and I have been in cleaning mode. Of course, my version is deep cleaning, so I'm trying to get rid of things. So far, I have just managed to make a giant mess everywhere I've been. I'm trying to change the second bedroom into a reading room, but it has currently posed as a junk room. We are even hoarding two giant old school (and dusty) TVs in there. Unfortunately, one cleaning idea turns into several, and now I'm just bored and have given up entirely.
After five weeks of school, I am thoroughly back in the routine. My teaching schedule is kind of cool...I hammer through five classes, and then I have lunch and two plan periods. I'm not used to having the extra work time because I've generally taught an extra class for extra money. While my paycheck took a hit (and I didn't get a paycheck at all in January--I was in between getting paid disability and from LPS), I like getting most of my grading and planning done at school. Okay, Brian and I still spend several hours at school on Sundays, but then we have the whole place to ourselves (at least in the B-wing).
Track starts a week from Monday. The last two days have been fairly nice out, but I still have avoided running. When I told Brian yesterday that it was too late to go run, he pointed out that it was still plenty light out. I meant that it was too late to get in shape for track. I will jump in, just like several of our kids, and work myself into shape. Unfortunately, I am not 16-years-old and my body has traveled to hell and back. I was always that coach that said, "Don't walk," and now I'll be "one of those runners."
Some things I don't like about school:
The fear of getting stuck in the elevator.
Hiking to a different computer lab on different floors every period.
Panting when getting to the top of the steps.
The disappearance of women in the lounge during 2nd lunch.
People want me to remember things without me writing it down on my hand.
I'm going to go make another mess, and Brian will probably cry.
No comments:
Post a Comment