Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clogged Leg Drain

My calf cramped up on me in the middle of Saturday night, and my leg has hurt since. Many of my colleagues correctly diagnosed me with a blood clot. Being paranoid, I popped over to the cancer center, was then flipped to St. E's for an ultrasound, and then back to the cancer center. I need shots injected into my stomach for a week. I can do this myself...I'm not afraid of needles...but I'd rather just have someone else inflict the pain on me. I also get to take another drug...a blood thinner. Whatever does the job, right?

Despite my limp, the first two days of school have gone well. I had several of my 10th grade students last year in English 9 or 9I, so I don't have to learn their names or behaviors. I'm going to learn a lot from my AP Literature students. Three of my classes are huge, but my AP class has 15 students, and my English 9 class has 11 students. Too bad that isn't reality for all classes. Just think what we could do with that ratio?

I miss watching Ellen and hanging out with my cats, but I am happy to be back in a routine. Currently, Brian is out fetching Piesano's for dinner (I hope he can get out of that parking lot).

Thank you, Ann Ringlein and the Lincoln Track Club, for the Endurance Award. Ann, your speech made me even tear up.

I think I'm going to bed at 9 again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment