Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back to Work

Tomorrow my lengthy medical retirement ends. It is a teacher work day, and second semester officially begins on Monday. I have been having those school dreams. Of course, in the dreams, kids are throwing things at me (like chairs).

I've been starting to "run" (a definite jog). I can do some continuous spurts, if it's flat or downhill and not into the wind. Yesterday, I jogged about 14 of the 18 minutes I was out. At one point (downhill), I thought I was feeling good, and then I saw my shadow. Maybe it wasn't me, but that shadow did NOT look like a runner. My goal is to be able to run 3-4 miles by February 27th when track starts.

I hope everyone had a good holiday. I know I ate too much because I keep looking around for the dessert after every meal.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you are well enough to return to work, Andrea! Those kids are darn lucky to have you and East will be a better place with you in it. I doubt any chairs will be thrown, but give the kids a break...I know a certain someone who used to pin people under chairs. :)

    ReplyDelete