
Happy Easter! I was happy to not spend this Easter getting a blood transfusion and platelets (although I did enjoy my "Happy Easter" video from the East staff and students, and the Hershey/Wilson EASTer banner). Brian and I went for a walk at Holmes Lake this afternoon, with everyone else (and their purse-sized dogs). I spent the majority of the day finishing up my assessment project for grad class, and tomorrow I have a ginormous stack of papers to grade. I'm not sure who assigned those, but that person is probably an idiot.
We had two beautiful days for track meets this week. After the JV meet on Tuesday, Brian and I were interviewed by Ron Powell. If you didn't see the article, here is the link: http://journalstar.com/sports/high-school/track-and-field/east-track-coach-back-after-battling-breast-cancer-leukemia/article_77ba68e1-34ca-5527-beee-fe497dcea2e5.html?mode=story
If the link doesn't work, just go to www.journalstar.com and look up my name. I think I am out of stories, so I don't suppose I'll be interviewed again for a while. It's amazing what some people will do for a "cancer survivor." I was offered the use of a cabin in Colorado. I'm hoping Brian and I can take advantage of the cabin offer, if we can squeeze it in between my three weeks of grad class (and Brian's jury duty) and our trip to Ireland and Scotland.
I have posted one of the pictures taken at the JV meet. I have already apologized profusely for spelling Eajan's name wrong in the caption. The photographer followed me around and took a million photographs. One of our distance kids asked me, "Did you know this guy is following you and taking a lot of pictures?" I told him that the photographer was my paparazzi.
Next Saturday is the Jimmy Buffett concert in Omaha. I hope it's cool enough to wear my sweet crocheted shark hat!
No comments:
Post a Comment