Okay, so lots of news today.
1.) I do not have to do another round of chemo at St. E's now, as I am officially going to be admitted at UNMC on July 17th. I'll get a few extra days of feeling good before the craziness begins... I also have a few appointments at UNMC for final tests (like a super sweet bone marrow biopsy), form signing, and education before getting admitted.
2.) Prior to the stem cell transplant (this will occur on July 22nd), I will be given high doses of chemo and full body radiation, which is why I'm admitted on the 17th.
3.) I do NOT have to get a different port put in, so I won't have another gaping hole in my chest from a strange infection :)
4.) After the stem cell transplant on the 22nd, I will spend another additional 10-14 days at the hospital in Omaha, and after that I will start my 100 day (or so) internment in Omaha in an apartment (I need to be within 30 minutes of UNMC).
It is a tremendous relief to have a plan in place. While this won't be a vacation, I'm anxious to get this whole thing rolling, so I can get back to normal life.
No comments:
Post a Comment